CCM Vendor Manual
CCM Vendor Manual
This page is for exhibitors of the Etsy York Region Made in Canada.
Welcome to Etsy York Region Exhibitor Manual which is intended to provide you with all the necessary information to help maximize your participation in Etsy York Region events.
Cell: 905-830-6243 (day-of contact)
Elgin West Community Centre
11099 Bathurst St, Richmond Hill, ON L4C 0N2
Elgin West Community Centre (Map & Directions)
Dates & Times
Etsy York Region Country Christmas
Saturday November 26, 2016
12:30pm – 6:00pm (show hours)
Loading In: Saturday November 26, 2016
Loading In Times: 10:30am – 12:00pm
Load-in Area: The Centre has many entry points, the gymnasium is at the northern point of the centre – there is a door at the gymnasium entrance, you may load in there. There are no steps to worry about and we have two trolleys that may be borrowed throughout load-in/load-out.
– Exhibitors will not be permitted to set up during show hours.
– Children under the age of 10 are not allowed on the show floor during move-in and move-out.
– We recommend that you unload all your materials at your booth, then park your vehicle to an appropriate space and then begin setting up your booth
*ALL BOOTHS MUST BE SET-UP BY 11:45AM on Saturday November 26, 2016 – Our VIP Shoppers will begin shopping the Market at 12:00pm SHARP!*
Load-out Saturday November 26, 2016, 6:01pm – 7:00pm
Load-out begins at 6:01pm (no booth dismantle prior); If anyone can help dismantle the gymnasium after YOUR booth has been dismantled, additional help is greatly appreciated!
Upon arrival to the Elgin West Community Centre, please check in at the Admission Table at the front door to get your table location. I will TRY to get the floorplan out tonight, but please still check in at the admission table.
York Region Etsy Country Christmas Market: includes a 6′ table and chair. Tables will be positioned closely together (about 1.5′ space between tables). Tables are approximately 6′ long x 29″ wide.
Table Coverings are not provided. If you asked for electricity, please bring an extension cord (know that you MAY be sharing electricity with your neighbour).
Etsy Booth Participation
We will be having a table and will be displaying ONE item from each of our vendors (to show the group off). There will be a volunteer coming around at the beginning of the setup to get an item from you. Should you wish to add this item to the giveaway basket (see below), please let our volunteer know. Our hope is that you will allow us to use it as part of our giveaway.
Contests/Giveaways – VERY IMPORTANT
Because we will be doing a collective giveaway, we ask that you refrain from offering your own giveaways, so as to maintain a cohesive market. Our goal is to collect as many names as we can in order to further our market communications and have repeat attendees. We will be offering a few baskets for giveaway at the main Etsy Table and will be handing each vendor 100 ballots at the beginning of the market. When someone purchases something from you, you are to hand them a ballot and tell them to fill it out and put the ballot in the basket at the Etsy Table. Our goal is to entice the attendees to buy something from everyone buy offering them a ballot upon purchase. As a note, anyone who gives us an item for giveaway will receive a copy of the names that have entered the draws for further communication.
VIP Market Attendees – VERY IMPORTANT
We have sold a LIMITED number of VIP tickets – 26 people will be entering the market a full HALF HOUR EARLY to have one-on-one time with the vendors, pre-shop the market and enjoy some VIP treatment. We encourage you (but you do NOT have to) to offer a special VIP-exclusive (a small discount or gift with purchase) to the attendees wearing a VIP lanyard. These attendees will get to enjoy free coffee, some truffles and of course early access to the market.. Please take this time to make the most of these attendees – they have actually PAID to connect with you – They are HOT leads!!!
Promote yourself at the Show
- Post on Instagram: #EYRCCM, #EtsyYorkRegion #EtsyYorkCountryChristmas
- Share the Facebook Event & Invite all your friends, and share on your wall: RSVP Public Facebook Event
- Post the event on your Etsy page, Add your shop via RSVP to our Etsy Shop Local page
- Post the event on your website
What to Bring (check list)
• All merchandise clearly priced (best done, before the show)
• Any product information signs necessary (no handwritten signs)
• Boxes for purchases
• Customer bags
• Extra price tags
• Inventory list/prices
• Tissue or newspaper for fragile items
• Booth signs or banner
• Business cards and holder
• Brochures, Catalogues or flyers
• Portfolio (or photo album of your work)
Office Supply Kit:
• Clipboard, writing pad or notebook
• Paper clips
• Paper or index cards
• Pens and pencils
• Scissors, string
• Stapler and staples
• Tape – scotch, masking, duct, packing
• Cash box with change (ie. $5’s, $2’s, $1’s, 25¢ etc.)
• Receipt book/sales book
• Square register (phone app)
• Laptop or iPad to sell through your Etsy Store
TIP: Load your Etsy Store before the show so that way, if your inventory is low, you can start selling from your Etsy site!
• Make a sign that says you accept E-Transfers – We will not be having an ATM on site, but if you accept E-Transfers, your customers can send you money on the spot!
• Extension Cord (if you asked for electricity)
• Table Skirt or Table Cloth (clean and reaches the floor)
• Change of clothes (or layer a sweater if its cooler)
• Camera (to take a photo of your booth for future shows)
• Cushion for chair
Food is NOT available on site, and there are not many restaurants around so it would be wise to bring your own lunch.
• Water or drinks
Etsy York Region is a local Cooperative where Artisans around York Region connect to make, sell and buy unique goods.
This group is to help support and promote York Region, Ontario based Artisans and their business.
Artisans located in Georgina (Keswick, Udora, Sutton, Pefferlaw & Areas), Newmarket, Aurora, Markham, Richmond Hill, Whitchurch-Stouffville, King City/Schomberg & Vaughan/Woodbridge Areas are more than welcome to join and become a part of the Team!